Friday, March 11, 2011

"Bucket List"

"Bucket List"
February 20, 2011

Before I age beyond functionality's prime
And long before the end of my time
a to-do list for life,  dubbed a bucket list
It’s a road map for the moments I might’ve missed

Roast marshmallows, light it on fire
Showers with warm towels from the dryer
Fireworks and glow sticks to illuminate childhood
Catching fireflies and feeling emotions only children could

Listen to the wind, take a hike alone
Reach out to a stranger, Friendship on loan
Make someone smile, dive out of the sky
Waste away a Sunday, as snow piles high

Spend evenings in good company of friends
What completes a life really just depends
Is it doing something great, or meeting someone new
Maybe  falling in love should be added too

Kiss passionately in the pouring rain
Have a romantic dinner aboard a city-train
See a shooting star, make rocks skip across a lake
Be a witness of a what a miracle can make

On my list, I want to stand and be taken away
By the beauty of this earth, words couldn’t say
For any explanation would be injustice to  the scene
Some marvels are uniquely pristine

But most of all
I want to feel the thrill of a the fall
And when I am caught in this trance
I want to promise myself a fighting chance

These items on a list will simply remind
 There’s more to life than what I find
 A good life,  is one lived full, and complete
Like watching a beautifully composed symphony on the street

Follow your heart, and that inner desire
Chasing life and passion  on fire
Don't let fear of possibility prevent
The best moments of life you could've spent

No comments:

Post a Comment