Friday, March 11, 2011

"Standards"

"Standards"
February 19, 2011

I had forgotten what it’s like to feel
A spark between someone that’s real
Couldn’t remember where I got stuck
But ever since then, relationships were bad luck

Some things you can’t see from where we are
Only after time has passed by so far
Could we see the bigger picture and meaning
The answer often not where we were leaning

I forgot what the point of a relationship was
As I am sure everyone, at some point does
It is having your own life with someone else to share
And it’s spending time because you like them there

The company, the emotions and the talking
Inside jokes, comedy and accidental facebook stalking
When I decided to stop settling for less
Things weren’t such a mess

I started hanging around people who understood
And my outlook changed as it inevitably would
I didn’t stop for someone who may barely pass
I raised my standards to strain out the mass

To my surprise, treasures were revealed
Lost beneath the crowd and cleverly concealed
Take the time to explore and meet others around
And eventually probability states the rarity will be found

No comments:

Post a Comment