Friday, March 11, 2011

"Day 70"

"Day 70"
March 2, 2011

To test my power of will
I was going to make my heart still
For I placed myself on a "man-ban"
Simply, because I can

I learned that I have power to say no
And I felt more free everywhere I’d go
At the end of the night I slept in my bed
There weren’t crazy ideas running through my head

No rushing out of rooms at daybreak
No strange man next to me when I’d wake
I wasn’t rushing to find my keys
There wasn’t any hoping no one sees

No drunk text, late at night
Guys weren’t thinking I might
Competition didn’t mind I stepped down
But they can keep that notorious crown

Because at the end of the night
When she leaves thinking he might
That guy wont call her again
But, I’ll be seeing him after then

Can’t have what they want
Oh, it can’t hurt to flaunt
I feel good, and I look great
But if you want me, you’ll have to wait

Although I could give in
I can’t take back where I’ve been
And I’m worth something to someone
I’m more than a one night excuse for fun

So while alone from the party I may leave
The scene is not what you may perceive
When a guy meets my standards, we’ll talk
But until that day, they’ll watch me walk

No comments:

Post a Comment