Friday, March 11, 2011

"Home Sick"

"Home Sick"
February 9, 2011

My mind is playing a clever trick
I think I might be home sick
I'm supposed to be all grown
Finally out, standing on my own

I still feel like a kid, home alone
Calling my mom on the phone
But here i am, barely an adult
Responsible for consequences of my fault

I wish I could go back, sleep in my bed
relive the high school days I used to dread
Just to be home for a little while
Back before my life was put to test and trial

Those early mornings, racing to beat the bell
and enjoying secret crushes you could never tell
The best friends always there for support
despite the strange shenanigans that would resort

The brisk summer mornings that warmed up by noon
those days came and went way too soon
On my own, off somewhere far away
At a certain age, children just can't stay

They take their life and leave the nest
Go to college, find a career, do their best
sometimes they struggle, sometimes they fall
and sometimes, children never go back at all

But the majority make visits back home
a place where their heart won't roam
For everything you wanted to become
started at the place you're from

All the memories and people back there
it's a group you know will always care
it's a safety net that you know would save
If anything where to look a little grave

Out on my own, I can't help but miss
All the people who brought me to this
though the future does hold a little fear
home sickness passes as memories are made here

No comments:

Post a Comment