Monday, March 14, 2011

"Perfect Guy"



"Perfect Guy"
March 12, 2011


Sometimes I feel like I’m waiting for a guy
Who might end up passing me by
I hear how he is out around somewhere
Can’t help but wonder if he’s really there

That “perfect guy”  who has it all figured out
Laid back and taking the scenic route
This “perfect guy” doesn’t need to ask, he knows
Silly things like where my favorite flower grows

Is it wrong to want a guy to get the door
Should I not be wanting or expecting more?
What happened to chivalry and cliché lines
Do I have to live in a great big castle with ivy vines?

Should I be enchanted into some story or fable,
Why are the perfect men, all fictional ones on cable?
It seems so easy, court those you want to date
Oh but I forgot, I have to be the bait

These ridiculous ideals of what a guy should do
Magazines listing excuses for all of it too
It’s one thing to accept, another to have no regard
For men to be gentlemen isn’t so hard

My heart hasn’t skipped a beat quite yet
From any potential guy that I’ve so far met
He better be a hell of a guy after this wait
But then again, maybe I’m the one late


No comments:

Post a Comment